These venison meatballs are sure to have you coming back for more.
If you can’t tell, most of our recipes are completely homemade, relatively easy to make, don’t take hours of kitchen time, and are incredibly flavorful. This is no exception.
- Combine potatoes, venison, onions, sale, pepper, milk, and egg. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls. While melting butter in large cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Once hot, add meatballs and slowly brown on all sides.
- Once brown, add 1/2 cup of water, cover, and simmer until done – about 20 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from skillet and set aside. Reduce heat and stir in flour and remaining water to thicken.
- Stir dill seeds into mixture, add back meatballs, and cooked peas.
These venison meatballs serve great over biscuits for a full meal.
- 2 cups grated potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds ground venison
- 2/3 cup chopped onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 1 10-oz package frozen peas, cooked
Want more information? Head over to our Cooking Community to join the conversation today!